Sunday, November 9, 2014

T-1

Tomorrow at this time, 43 folks from various places will have come together to begin the journey to Castlewellan! I think I can speak for everyone when I say we are very excited for this opportunity! We will be visiting Northern Ireland, renewing friendships with those that some of us have known for a few years and others only met in the Spring and Summer. We will experience some of the beautiful sights and sites in County Down and up to the North Coast. We will walk along the Irish Sea and learn to have a cuppa' at anytime for any reason.

While all of that will be wonderful, our purpose in this trip is not to vacation but to serve. The Kokomo Great Banquet is sponsoring the first Castlewellan Great Banquet in Castlewellan, County Down, Northern Ireland! This has been prayed over for well over a year. God planted the seed for this as different ones have developed connections. Then last year a team of six went to Dundrum to share this vision with nearly forty Irish folks. A core group agreed that this was "of God" and plans began to bring some to Kokomo and Logansport to experience the weekend. Dates were set, a team was called, Skype meetings were held and now....we are on our way!!

I have packed and repacked and still have a few things to tuck in.
And it looks like a few things to take out...oh my, decisions, decisions!  I don't really pack THAT much. Friends in NI have asked me to bring a couple of items and then I put in a few things I knew they would like.

This all needs to fit into my computer bag...I'm in trouble!!
We do covet your prayers as we travel. This is the first international trip for some of our team. Some are traveling with spouses and some are not. We are taking decorations and supplies that we will need for the Great Banquet weekends....trunks and trunks! Pray that we all arrive safely and that the trunks make it with us!
Just one more outfit to get in here....


This is the bag with "stuff"...requests, decorations, and oh, yes, a warm hat for the fierce Irish winds!
I had a glitch with uploading photos and have found a way around it.I am trusting that we will be able to share some of the beauty of North Ireland with you all in the next two weeks. (You are welcome to read and invite others. Please do not tag anyone! Thanks!)

The theme song for both the men's and women's weekends is "Lord, I Need You".  As you listen, think of us....43 tomorrow and another 20 over the next 7 days...who are serving at Castlewellan Great Banquets, #1 and #2. (There are several Irish on team also!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment