Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday, Part 1

A cemetery in Newcastle

At the cemetery in Newcastle

At home I call it "Wonderful Wednesdays" because I spend Wednesday mornings with my great-granddaughter and of course, my dog, Willow. Today was Wonderful Wednesday but with other little girls and dog. Richie Shilliday and his wife Jenn are the leaders/directors/everything at R.I.O.T.-Revival in Our Town-ministry for teens. They have two precious girls, Charley and Addy and a yorkie, Talbot. While others went to Belfast or Newcastle for the day, I went to Shillidays! We played with My Little Ponies and "made tea" and watched a movie and took a nap! Jenn fixed lunch and ran Talbot to the groomers. Later in the afternoon she had to take one of the R.I.O.T. interns to the doctor. The little girls and I had a grand time! (Pictures of the girls on my Facebook page)
R.I.O.T. House at left. Chalet where teens meet at right rear.
Methodist Church at right. Note the stone fence!


As for the others.....thirty some went to Downpatrick to visit the church and the burial place of St. Patrick. I have been there a few times. They said the curator was excellent and gave them so much information about St. Patrick. From there they went to Belfast to visit the Titanic Museum. That is a great experience and they all enjoyed it too! I don't have pictures from there, of course.

Another group of four went to Newcastle and Dundrum. I do have pictures of their day. They shopped along the main street, went to the promenade and along the sea. They had lunch at my favorite place, Creme Cafe.
Both groups saw rainbow after rainbow today as there was a bit of rain, again and again. The mist on the Mournes lifted in the afternoon and those in Newcastle were able to really enjoy the mountains.
The Irish Sea and the Mourne Mountains...along the Promenade

Along the street in Newcastle





















Barb and one of the many rainbows.


A favorite road sign...near assisted living!
Complete with a "new" couple, Barb and Phil











1 comment:

  1. Great pix Pat. Love the rainbow with Barb. Bee blessed all <3

    ReplyDelete